Cha0s Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha0s Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New websites forums are far enough along we should start using them: www.cha0sgaming.net.

Welcome to Our New Moderators!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallahassee
Admin
Tallahassee

Welcome to Our New Moderators! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Our New Moderators!   Welcome to Our New Moderators! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 pm

I decided it would be appropriate to give you guys a warm welcome Very Happy

So yeah basically we felt like the server could do with a bit more watching. So we looked for people we know are hanging around alot in the Cha0s server and in Nuclear Dawn in general. Also, we tried to look for people we enjoyed having games with, that are friendly and have an head on their shoulders Smile

I also wanted to give you a bit of a tutorial here of the new rights you acquired on the server.

You guys cannot use the sm_admin command yet. Its reserved for admins and could be used to cheat or truly fuck the ingame mechanics. We'll wait for people to get a bit more experience with it first.

At the current moment you guys will have to type commands directly into chat in the form ( !sm_kick "person" "reason" ) or ( /sm_kick "person" "reason" ) or use the command console (sm_kick "person" "reason"). The difference between "!" and "/" in chat are that the "!" gets the message public while "/" gets the message silenced.

You guys have a reserved slot for the server at all time Very Happy
To enter the server while its full, go into your own game or server and open the console

Type: connect 174.138.162.186:27015

That's the current server IP.
You will automatically join, maybe at the expense of a random person who will get kicked. But we prefer you guys to be in Razz

And now for [SM] commands you have access to (the server mostly works with Sourcemod), here's a brief list:

You can always use "cake" instead of <cake> or [cake]. Actually, "cake" seems to work better in vote cases. By the way, cake here was just a random exemple.

sm_gag - Removes a player's ability to use chat.
sm_help - Displays SourceMod commands and descriptions
sm_kick <#userid|name> [reason]
sm_mapvote - Forces MapChooser to attempt to run a map vote now.
sm_mute - Removes a player's ability to use voice.
sm_rtv - Rock the vote (already starts vote for next map)
sm_silence - Removes a player's ability to use voice or chat.
sm_surrender - Forces a surrender vote.
sm_togglepvpinfo - Toggles pvpinfo for the client.
sm_ungag - Restores a player's ability to use chat.
sm_unmute - Restores a player's ability to use voice.
sm_unsilence - Restores a player's ability to use voice and chat.
sm_votemap [mapname2] ... [mapname5]

To those commands you can add the general commands available to everyone:

!teamdiff (calculates the difference of the sum of the ranks in each team)
!togglepvpinfo (toggles on or off the on-death info for the player)
!suicide (kills the player)

I think that's it. If you guys have any questions, feel free to post them here.

And finally, about the player guidelines,
Someone who trolls big time, keeps being annoying for everyone, despite having being muted, deserves to be kicked. You could maybe call a vote for it if you have the ability, using ( sm_vote "question" "choice1" "choice2").
A commander who rages and sell all his buildings in order to make his team surrender/lose quickly deserves a SERIOUS WARNING. He shouldn't have the right to decide over his team if its over or not. Screws the gameplay for everyone.
You guys cannot ban or temporary ban, so maybe a problematic situation might arise were a persistent troll keeps joining. Silencing him should do the trick in any case.

The main guideline for you would be: Try to think how to make the best game possible for yourself and everyone Cool
Alright I'll see you guys on the server!
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

Welcome to Our New Moderators! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Our New Moderators!   Welcome to Our New Moderators! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:36 am

Nice post Tallahassee. So everyone knows, kicking someone does not make you a bad person or anything if there is a reason for it. I have kicked people because they were a stupid commander and only spoke Japanese all round, I've kicked people because I had two people believe they were hacking (which they actually weren't, but I couldn't find out myself), and I've almost kicked a commander for being a dick to his team. The point is, if you feel the person deserves it in the slightest, do not hold back. You will not be held accountable unless your being a douche (highly unlikely, which is why your a mod).

If you feel kicking someone will make the round more fun, you have all the rights to do it. Obviously you don't want to kick a level 1 commander because he sucks, but if he's raging at his team or being racist, etc. kick him, let him cool off. Hope that explains enough how you should judge when to kick someone.
Back to top Go down
https://cha0sgaming.forumotion.com

Welcome to Our New Moderators!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cha0s Gaming :: Nuclear Dawn Cha0s Server-
Jump to: