Cha0s Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha0s Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New websites forums are far enough along we should start using them: www.cha0sgaming.net.

Respawn time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sentineljones

Respawn time Empty
PostSubject: Respawn time   Respawn time EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:04 pm

It seems like maybe the 3 (or less) second respawn time might be a little bit too short. I've noticed that it makes it much, much easier for a team who should have been defeated to simply turtle and force the clock to run out. There is no real penalty for death, and no real tactical advantage gained in the end-game to killing opposing players.

The team who is clearly winning kills 4 guys but now instead of having a few precious seconds for the exos to blast away at the buildings, the guys you just killed are almost immediately shooting at you again.

It might be one of those things (I don't know if this is possible) where each time you're killed within, say 2 minutes, your respawn time goes up. Instead of 3 seconds, now you have to wait 6. Killed again, now you have to wait 9 seconds - up to some limit like 20 or 30 seconds. If you haven't been killed in two minutes, the counter resets.

Incidentally, I've noticed lately that there tends to be a large clump of players fighting around one specific place - usually primary, but not always. I think part of this is because of the respawn time. Again, there is no real tactical advantage obtained by killing an opposing player - they respawn, often nearby, immediately.
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

Respawn time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn time   Respawn time EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Ok, I bumped the spawn interval to 8s and spawn time to 6s (no idea what interval actually does, think that's when it says "preparing" instead of the timer). also increased commander selection from 10s to 60s, since people who don't join the game fast wouldn't have time to get into the commander election.
Back to top Go down
https://cha0sgaming.forumotion.com

Respawn time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cha0s Gaming :: Nuclear Dawn Cha0s Server-
Jump to: