Cha0s Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha0s Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New websites forums are far enough along we should start using them: www.cha0sgaming.net.

Reserved Slots Implemented

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

Reserved Slots Implemented Empty
PostSubject: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Put the reserve slots in today. They are open until a player with reserved access wants to join, then a spectator or high latency player is kicked to make room. If you have reserved access you can't be kicked by a reserved slot. I set it to 4 reserved slots for now.
Back to top Go down
https://cha0sgaming.forumotion.com
Deagler

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Exactly what people have reserved slots? Admins or just some people from the server?
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Deagler wrote:
Exactly what people have reserved slots? Admins or just some people from the server?

All "admin" ranks (eg, Dev, Mod, Half-Admin, Full Admin, Lead Admin, essentially if you get added into the server database because one of the admins elected you for something) then you have the "reserved slot" access. Though there is only one reserved slot to ensure someone can keep an eye on the server and still get in. So if the server has 32/33 people, and an admin is in, then that reserved slot is filled. We were/are considering that an option for donators along with one of the green/custom name tags in the server; though again, it's meant for a single admin to be able to get in if for some reason the server hits 32/33 people and no admin is on (which has happened a few times).

There were also thoughts for a "VIP" rank, kinda like donator, but if you played a lot or were in the top 10 or 20 in leaderboard for the server; though for that to have effect, we would have to change the current setup so it would kick a player when you wanted to join, and not a full on "reserved slot".
Back to top Go down
FlyingHigh.
Admin
FlyingHigh.

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:06 am

I like the VIP slot idea... the more the surveillance on the server the better lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer 6ix

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

Howdy! When I tried to log in tonight while the server was 16/32 and again at 13/32, it dropped me due to slot reservation. I'm not sure what's up or if this the right place to post it, but I thought I'd give a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Tallahassee
Admin
Tallahassee

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks alot Bouncer for reporting this! Hmm still now the server isn't shown in the server browser AT ALL. I'm really wondering what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Server was running on the admin account which compnerd had on his computer. If he restarted his computer or turned it off it might have shut it down. I have it running on my account now, and will remove the reserved slots for the time being until we can find a real plugin to use for them. Thanks for the heads up Bouncer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Slots Implemented   Reserved Slots Implemented Empty

Back to top Go down

Reserved Slots Implemented
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cha0s Gaming :: Nuclear Dawn Cha0s Server-
Jump to: