Cha0s Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha0s Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New websites forums are far enough along we should start using them: www.cha0sgaming.net.

Can we vote to take a map off?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pred42

Pred42

Can we vote to take a map off? Empty
PostSubject: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm

I know I've been bitchy this week so I gotta ask: Is anyone else in favor of NOT running Oilfield on the server? I played about 5 minutes and got off cause I was getting sniped the whole time. I notice a few other people got off as well. One guy that was on my team told me he was trying to take out the snipers that were killing me while running towards prime. It didn't matter where on the map I was because the other team was loaded with snipers. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://usanucleardawn.spruz.com/
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm all for yanking it. Though from my perspective, you have those who leave for it, and those who enjoy it. Granted, I don't like it, though it is one of the few open maps so it allows for some variety in game mechanics. And since it's just one round out of seven it has to be endured for, isn't really a big deal personally if it's left on. Reason I yanked the map voting at round ends was so that all maps are rotated through and no one map is ever favored in the server, so that everyone is equal in getting the map they like best.
Back to top Go down
https://cha0sgaming.forumotion.com
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:38 pm

However, if a certain map is hated enough (say like 80%+ maybe) then I can yank it from rotation in worse case, or decrease it's amount of rotation (say it rotates in once per twice of all other maps).
Back to top Go down
Pred42

Pred42

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Well guys what shall it be? I don't mind cause I take a break every time it comes on. (just like now lol) I know 2 people who play on our server who will do the same thing but it's just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://usanucleardawn.spruz.com/
Enigma314

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Is it possible to make a pluggin that limits the number of snipers/marksmen per team while on oilfield? Maybe it'll actually make the map fun so we won't have to remove it completely.

Another possibility would be to have an automated map skip vote whenever it rotates to oilfield.
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Map skip vote is an interesting idea. You can definitely limit the number of a weapon, though I'm not sure if you could block it entirely. For example, there may technically be 10 snipers in the game, but only four (two per team) have rifles, the rest are just limited to pistol/mines. Kinda like how the zombie plugin works, and it only allows stealth assassin to use knives, but other classes aren't blocked, you can play them just they don't have weapons.
Back to top Go down
GaryGetsum

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 am

He he, then we could all spend half the match explaining it isn't a bug and why people don't have weapons. Smile

Well, half the match for me since I type so slow, you guys would be fine with it I guess. I actually have a decent time hunting down snipers sometimes...well, sometimes anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we vote to take a map off?   Can we vote to take a map off? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we vote to take a map off?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cha0s Gaming :: Nuclear Dawn Cha0s Server-
Jump to: