Cha0s Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha0s Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New websites forums are far enough along we should start using them: www.cha0sgaming.net.

Custom map concept: The Creek

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallahassee
Admin
Tallahassee

Custom map concept: The Creek Empty
PostSubject: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey everyone,

Since Christmas holidays are coming soon, and that means I'll be away from you all and civilization in general (no internet access), I'm thinking about learning all the tricks of the ND SDK and creating a custom map for ND. If the downloadURL and multiplayer hosting issues get solved, having some player made maps will definitely add some variety into the game.

So I've been thinking about this concept (If you intend to steal the idea, you better do it better than I will Razz)

A somewhat large map with ourdoors environment, where opposite teams are separated by a huge canyon that has been carved by a stream with time.
Both sides of the creek will be connected by a giant bridge.
The giant bridge will be cut in 2 parts as a giant stone pillar will be right in the middle of the bridge, allowing to get some building space. The stone pillar will be cutting the stream in 2 parts.

Ladders might get added so you can climb up from the bottom to the top of the pillar. The valley/creek bottom will be accessible on foot by taking some trails, and the area is gonna be heavily covered with forest and bushes, except on the water bodies.

If I decide to make the stream really shallow, I will not add wood bridges on the bottom

Maybe a Dam on one side of the map would add another interesting scenery for the map

Pillars supporting the bridge will be settled on ground by huge concrete bases into the stream

If you got any suggestion to that map concept feel free to share! I'm gonna start mapping now Very Happy

EDIT: Adding cars and trucks as cover on the bridge itself
Try to build a gas station on 1 of the sides of the creek
Back to top Go down
FlyingHigh.
Admin
FlyingHigh.

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Sounds like a good idea!
Back to top Go down
[Jailhouse]
Admin
[Jailhouse]

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Doooooooooooo it.
Back to top Go down
[Jailhouse]
Admin
[Jailhouse]

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Like I did your mom.
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 am

[Jailhouse] wrote:
Like I did your mom.

lmao.

I like it. Once you come back from where ever you go, then you can throw in some Sniv Source Destruction v2.x that will be released by then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cha0sgaming.forumotion.com
FlyingHigh.
Admin
FlyingHigh.

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:10 am

I'm a willing and pretty decent tester! <3
Back to top Go down
[Jailhouse]
Admin
[Jailhouse]

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 pm

FlyingHigh. wrote:

"tester"? Like how we tested Sniv's mom out the other night? (And the night before, and night before, .....)
Back to top Go down
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 pm

[Jailhouse] wrote:
FlyingHigh. wrote:

"tester"? Like how we tested Sniv's mom out the other night? (And the night before, and night before, .....)

Shocked

You are so weird lol
Back to top Go down
Pred42

Pred42

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:11 am

Blood bath on a bridge......... I like it! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://usanucleardawn.spruz.com/
Snivilous
Admin
Snivilous

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 pm

I think Talla gets back this week..... Hoping he has some awesome shit that he was able to do over 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
Tallahassee
Admin
Tallahassee

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Finally back from holidays and my mapping didn't go as well as I expected since Hammer kept being a bitch to me (not compiling, crashes, and the usual complexity of the interface for the noob that I am)

However, now that I got access to tutos, I'm back working on it. I'm done with the skeleton now, although it may be prone to some modifications after testing. I tried to make the map as much balanced for both teams as possible, although open spaces tend to be empire favored. Now I'll try to focus on entities.

Will now post updates in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom map concept: The Creek   Custom map concept: The Creek Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom map concept: The Creek
Page 1 of 1